Welcome!

This blog contains my thoughts on sound eating. I am a Nutritionist and Advanced Home Cook--meaning I love food and I love to cook. I have two kids, 13 and 14 (Lord, help me!), and a wonderful husband whom I love to cook nutritious food for (and some not so healthy food, in moderation, of course). My concern is that most of us in our affluent nation are malnourished, and keep searching for an answer that only exacerbates the problem. My hope is to help people by sharing tips, recipes, and nutritional information for every person who struggles to get delicious, nutritious food on the table. I hope it helps!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cleanse Day #3

I am writing updates on my blog to hold me accountable. I do not recommend a cleanse for everyone; however, I do believe in fasting as a part of spiritual growth which is similar to what I am doing. I definitely feel that I need God's help with this!

Yesterday was not too bad. I had oatmeal and a smoothie for breakfast and then a snack of hummus and carrots. For lunch, I made up a meal of tuna bruschetta on crispy potato rounds...it was really good. I had a banana and almonds for an afternoon snack. Finally, I made a pot of delicious beans with poblano and bell peppers, tomatoes and cilantro. I am looking forward to the latter for lunch today.

I am still a little sluggish, and my muscles ache. I had to have a nap yesterday, but I woke up this morning before my alarm went off, and worked out. I guess that is a good sign. My hope is that I will start to feel a burst of energy and vitality.

I leave town on Friday, so I am struggling with continuing past that day. I hate to not achieve my seven day goal, but is my will strong enough to continue? We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment