Welcome!

This blog contains my thoughts on sound eating. I am a Nutritionist and Advanced Home Cook--meaning I love food and I love to cook. I have two kids, 13 and 14 (Lord, help me!), and a wonderful husband whom I love to cook nutritious food for (and some not so healthy food, in moderation, of course). My concern is that most of us in our affluent nation are malnourished, and keep searching for an answer that only exacerbates the problem. My hope is to help people by sharing tips, recipes, and nutritional information for every person who struggles to get delicious, nutritious food on the table. I hope it helps!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cleanse Day #2

Well, I am less excited today, and a little sluggish, but still committed. It isn't that it is that difficult...I still get to enjoy lots of good food. It's just that I have started craving things that I never crave...coffee, donuts, bacon, granola cereal. This is the reason I can never diet...I want what I cannot have. I just tell myself that this is only for a week, and the cravings tend to subside. I also think it helps to plan ahead, to have a meal or snack ready when I get hungry. I am finding I am hungry a lot!

The following is what we ate yesterday...my husband swears I am starving him to death. He had a major craving for a Snickers bar yesterday--his weakness.

Breakfast:fruit and vegetable protein smoothie
herbal tea
Snack: 2 T. almonds
Lunch: sushi and marinated mushrooms
Snack: banana
2 T. almonds
Dinner: chicken breasts stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes, pine nut "cheese", spinach, and basil, topped with chopped fresh tomatoes, basil, a little oil and vinegar--this was really good!
rice with sauteed vegetables
herbal tea

I actually got up at 6 a.m. to do yoga on the Wii this morning--I usually get up at 6:30 to make the kids' breakfast. That may be one reason I am a little tired this morning. Anyway, I have to go have my steel-cut oatmeal...I don't usually like oatmeal, but the steel cut is pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment